Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Book of Paul by Richard Long

The Book of PaulThe Book of Paul by Richard Long
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Cover - I loved the nail on the cover which the author also uses to indicate a new chapter. Original and relates to the story.

Formatting / Appearance - There were no issues at all.

Content - I liked the fact that this book cannot be defined by one genre or has more than one central theme. But to someone reading Richard Long's writing for the first time, these are the very things that take awhile to digest. There is the raging undercurrent of religion, sex, friendship, acceptance, life, death and how it all comes together. Parallel examples can be drawn to our own experiences although some sections of the story requires more understanding than the others. The BDSM elements were not my favourite but this is my personal opinion and others may feel differently.

What I liked - I adored the flow. Although the content comes to you in a rush and you feel like you're sliding down a water slide, there are no distractions to each component and all characters are well-explained.

What I didn't like - As mentioned above, the BDSM elements were too strong for my taste.

Rating - 4 / 5 stars.

Disclosure - I received a complimentary copy from the author which did not affect my honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment