Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Review - My Name is Not Millicent Marie by Karen Pokras Toz

Millicent Marie Is Not My NameMillicent Marie Is Not My Name by Karen Pokras Toz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cover - Fun stuff. Makes you think it is only suitable for children but I think this is a book for everyone of all pages.

Formatting / Appearance - There were no issues at all.

Story - Millicent is desperately trying to fit in. But her vanity takes control and she indirectly becomes a bully herself. It's simple concept that is happening all around the world. The author has captured it delightfully in a choice of words that are easy for middle grade children to understand.

What I liked - Bullies bully for a reason. We don't like to admit this but it's the truth. Beneath all the layers of rudeness and resentment, bullies have a heart as well and I think this is the most important message of all.

What I didn't like - Nothing comes to mind.

Rating - 4.5 / 5 stars.

Disclosure - I received a complimentary copy from the author which did not affect my honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment