Saturday, January 5, 2013

Review - Love of Shadows by Zoe Brooks

Love of ShadowsLove of Shadows by Zoe Brooks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cover - Mysterious and doesn't offer a clue about what is to come. But as the story develops, the cover almost makes sense.

Formatting / Appearance - Everything was in place and I loved the rose icon at the beginning of each chapter.

Story - It's a little difficult for a reader to dive into the story when they are questioning many things from the first book. Judith's healing 'powers' have are stronger and offer readers gripping sense and a unique bond which I assume will carry forward to book three.

What I liked - The overall tone of the book. Although the suspense had you on edge, there was something significantly 'warm' about the way it was written and you just didn't want to put it down for this reason.

What I didn't like - Nothing comes to mind.

Rating - 5 / 5 stars.

Disclosure - I received a complimentary copy from the author which did not affect my honest opinion.

View all my reviews

1 comment: