Sunday, January 13, 2013

Review: Sweetest Taboo by Eva Marquez

Sweetest TabooSweetest Taboo by Eva Márquez
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cover - Fits the story perfectly although I'm really not sure about the title. Is the author condoning such an act or was this a hook to get readers to buy the book.

Formatting / Appearance - There were no issues at all.

Story - A young student seduces an older man into a sexual relationship. I understand that the author was trying to shed light on the topic but there were so many parts which I didn't think were necessary.

What I liked - I liked that she took the initiative to write the story and her writing does keep you turning the pages, however forced you might feel.

What I didn't like - The overall scenario. On the one hand, she says she is shedding light on the topic. On another, she makes it a tad too steamy and this would make any parent uncomfortable.

Rating - 4 / 5 stars.

Disclosure - I received a complimentary copy from the author which did not affect my honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment