Monday, January 14, 2013

Review: The Descendant by Kelley Grealis

The DescendantThe Descendant by Kelley Grealis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Cover - I felt it was a bit too cartoonish for the story that was presented but the meaning of it worked.

Formatting / Appearance - There were no issues at all.

Story - I'm not a vampire fan but this book offered a whole new take on vampires which I absolutely loved. Allison's life is turned upside down from the accident. She wakes up to learn her husband's dead and truth doesn't seem to be a fan of hers.

What I liked - The biblical references were necessary and worked so well into the story, I think this is where Kelley's writing style shone most of all. Her words flow through her characters and you keep turning the pages for more and more.

What I didn't like - Nothing comes to mind.

Rating - 4.5 / 5 stars.

Disclosure - I received a complimentary copy from the author which did not affect my honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment