Sunday, January 6, 2013

Review - Embraced by Darlene Jones


EmbracedEmbraced by Darlene Jones
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cover - Truth be told, this is what stopped me from giving it the full five stars. Yes, never judge a book by it's cover but there's so much effort put into the book, I'm surprised the author couldn't do the same with the cover.

Formatting / Appearance - Everything was in place and I have no issues in this section.

Story - I loved this unique story. You have these sci-fi elements that keep you turning the pages and the romance that keeps you entertained. Then, there are the characters. I liked Abby. She seems to be this searching soul who has more strength than she gives herself credit for.

What I liked - The overall concept was fantastic. It's strange cross between City of Angels and Just Like Heaven.

What I didn't like - I've already mentioned the cover. I think the pacing could have been improved. Some sections were smooth and others dragged a little too much.

Rating - 4 / 5 stars.

Disclosure - I received a complimentary copy from the author which did not affect my honest opinion.
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment