Friday, January 18, 2013

Murder At The Rocks by Jill Paterson

Murder At The Rocks (A Fitzjohn Mystery)Murder At The Rocks by Jill Paterson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cover - There are several sealed letters and lockets that pop up during the story so the cover makes absolute sense.

Formatting / Appearance - There were no issues at all.

Content - While the murder and mystery are central to the story, I think one of the central themes to this story was Nick's relationship with his father. They are estranged and his father passes away before they can reconcile. He then embarks on a journey to discover as much as info as he can about his father but gets embroiled in a murder investigation worthy of a tv drama.

What I liked - I liked that the plot twisted in so many directions to the point you didn't know who had committed the murder. Were there really two murders? Or just a happy coincidence? There were times when I did have to retrace my steps because I felt like I had missed a crucial part of the story but I didn't find this distracting. It was almost like a game of Cluedo.

What I didn't like - Nothing really comes to mind.

Rating - 5 / 5 stars.

Disclosure - I received a complimentary copy from the author which did not affect my honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment