Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Review: Vortex by Lindsey J. Parsons

VortexVortex by Lindsey J. Parsons
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cover - I liked it. Takes you awhile to realise what it is but once you do, it does fit large parts of the story.

Formatting / Appearance - There were no issues at all.

Story - Damian and Sam are from two different worlds and the author seeks a way to successfully merge these worlds and present readers with a fascinating read. For the most parts, it was fascinating but there were also numerous sections which seemed to have lost steam.

What I liked - I loved the fantasy bits, which comes across as different from most fantasy reads.

What I didn't like - It needs to be polished a bit more. There were so much detailed descriptions about what was happening and who was doing what but so little 'show'. I do think there should have been a stronger balance between the show and tell components of this book.

Rating - 3.5 to 4 / 5 stars.

Disclosure - I received a complimentary copy from the author which did not affect my honest opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment