Friday, January 4, 2013

Book Club Review: Marching With Caesar: Civil War by R.W. Peake

Marching With Caesar: Civil WarMarching With Caesar: Civil War by R.W. Peake
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Cover - Unique and definitely gives you a sneak peek at what is to come. I love it when authors take the time, effort and money to create something that looks and feels professional.

Formatting / Appearance - Every single thing was in order. And I mean, every comma, every semi-colon. It provided a fascinating reading experience.

Story - I had to go back to read the first book to make sure I understood all elements of the story. You would think that since he had poured so much heart and soul into the first book, the second might have lost some steam. Trust me, it doesn't. Book 2 becomes even better, even more glorified and offers readers multiple perspectives which were not explored in book one. I would have liked a deeper understanding of the Scribonius' story but perhaps we must leave room for book three? I'm already in line and I'm sure I'm not the first.

What I liked - The accuracy and details. Everything seemed so much in place, it felt like you were there. Every fight was happening right in front of you. Every conversation was being shared with you as an eavesdropper. This was truly a reading experience my book club members and I will not forget.

What I didn't like - Try as I might, I can't find a single thing that was out of place with this book.

Rating - 5 / 5 stars. I would give more if I could.

Disclosure - I received a complimentary copy from the author which did not affect my honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment