Monday, January 7, 2013

Review: Ethan Justice: Origins by Simon Jenner

Ethan Justice: OriginsEthan Justice: Origins by Simon R. Jenner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cover - Would have liked for the image not to be stretched but that's just me being crotchety.

Formatting / Appearance - There were no issues at all.

Story - For the most part this book was serious and all action. But there were these strong undercurrents of sarcasm that had me smiling and wondering how sarcastic the author must be as a person. John Smith goes from dull, and boring to eventful and daring. Almost like Clark Kent changing in a phone box.

What I liked - The flow of the story. The author made every effort to make this a page turner and it pays off. You never feel bored and look forward to seeing how things end up for poor John Smith.

What I didn't like - A slightly better balance between the characters. Right now, it seems as if one or two drown out the others and you forget about the smaller characters that bring meaning to the story.

Rating - 4 / 5 stars.

Disclosure - I received a complimentary copy from the author which did not affect my honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment