Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Review: Never Give in to Fear by Marti MacGibbon

Never Give in to Fear: Laughing All the Way Up From Rock BottomNever Give in to Fear: Laughing All the Way Up From Rock Bottom by Marti MacGibbon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cover - I'm not sure what it symbolises. A feeling of being lost? As aged as trees?

Formatting / Appearance - There were no issues at all. Once again, I like it when authors include hyperlinks to the chapters.

Content - While we did receive a perfectly good description from the book tour company that gave us this book, there seems to be close to no description here and I don't understand it. How do you buy a book without a description?

The journey is Marti MacGibbon's journey from one frying pan to another. While some parts seem exaggerated, it is someone's personal journey that I am not worthy to judge.

What I liked - Her honesty and her openness. In most sections she calls a spade a spade and allows reader full access to her inner most thoughts and past experiences.

What I didn't like - I would have liked to know more about why she lost a custody. Which brings me to another point? There were quite a few sections that seemed abrupt. Perhaps these were parts that were too personal or not meant to be shared. Nevertheless, they did appear as small gaps.

Rating - 4 / 5 stars.

Disclosure - I received a complimentary copy from the author which did not affect my honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment