Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Day in the Life of S.P. Cervantes @spcervantes

A Day in the Life of S.P. Cervantes

Being a mother of three, a wife, a teacher, and a writer is all about balance.  During the summer I am markedly better at all of the above. I have time to be with my kids, clean, cook, and develop new lessons for the school year.

My life during the school year is hectic.  Every morning I wake up at 5am.  I check emails and read up on blogs for good books to read.  I like to see how authors are promoting their books since I am new to the publishing world, and early in the morning is the best time for me to check some sites out.

After getting my kids ready for school, I spend my day teaching and prepping lessons.  When I get home the crazy begins.  Between shuffling my son to his after school activities and entertaining fur year old twins, I take a break from it all and go on a jog.  I get some of my best ideas for my stories while running and listening to music.  I find myself laughing, crying, and sometimes stopping to type an idea on my phone while running.  I am not sure why I get my ideas while running or right before bed, but there it is.

Weekends are where I get most of my writing done.  My husband always allows me an entire day to hide away, ignore my kids, and write.  It is in those moments that I feel free to express myself without worrying about the clock or interruptions.

Every night, after I tuck the kids into bed, I either spend an hour or two writing or reading.  It is a constant battle because there are way too many amazing books out there to read, but I have just as many floating around in my mind begging to be told.

In between the craziness, I find time to research marketing, ideas for my book, and even time for my husband.  It’s a crazy life, but I wouldn’t change a thing about it.  Well, maybe to be a NY Times best seller!

 

Excerpt

Ava

Dalton brushed his hand slowly across my temple, down my cheek, and lifted my chin to him so I was looking into his deep blue eyes. I stared at him not knowing what to do or say.

He leaned in even closer, his mouth pressed against my ear again as he whispered, “They have powers that can take away your free will, make you do anything they want you to. No matter what you see or hear, you have to wait for Aiden.”

I was terrified, my heart racing so frantically I thought I could actually throw up. I didn’t know what to do. Everyone I ever cared about was in grave danger, and I had to sit still in a tree and do nothing. How did I manage to get Patrick mixed up in all of this? I should have known he would come and talk to my mom. Now it’s going to be impossible to get away clear and free.

I gently pulled my head away from Dalton’s ear, turning my face to his. Our eyes met with such desperation, I lost my train of thought. He leaned in towards me with one arm wrapped around my waist and the other bracing us against a branch. Dalton’s mouth was an inch from mine. I could feel his warm breath on my lips.

“Please protect them,” was all I could say.

Always and Forever

Twin sisters Ava and Hannah were ripped from their peaceful seeming lives into a whirlwind of attacks and war only to learn the real truth about their existence.

Nothing was as it seemed anymore and may never be again. They had already lost their father in childhood now they have to cope with their mother’s kidnapping as they watch those sworn to protect them risk their lives.

Buy Now @ Amazon

Genre - YA Romantic Fantasy

Rating – PG-13

More details about the author and the book

Connect with S.P. Cervantes on Facebook & Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment