Monday, September 2, 2013

Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Sheena Binkley

Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Sheena Binkley

10. I’m the Youngest of Three Children: I was always considered the baby of the family (of course, since I am the youngest), but I always felt I was treated as such. It’s not a bad thing, but sometimes my family always sees the girl in pigtails instead of the woman I grew up to be.

9. I’m an Event Planner (sort of): Besides writing, I make a living as a Student Life Assistant for a community college in Houston. With the title, I plan events for college students throughout the campus. When I was taking undergrad courses at University of Houston (sounds familiarJ), I took an event planning course and I automatically fell in love with planning events and wanted to do something within that field; so it was quite interesting when I took the position of doing something similar.

8. I’m An Emotional Sap: I can be pretty emotional at times. It can be a TV show, book, or commercial, if it’s something sad (or even happy), I would cry instantly. I don’t think my friends or families pay much attention anymore when I cry, because they know that’s who I am as a person.

7. I Played the Clarinet: In middle school and part of high school, I played the clarinet. Although I spend countless hours practicing, I loved playing. I was even in my middle school band for two years. I was in the marching band at my high school for two weeks, but decided not to continue (I still regret that to this day). Now, I may not remember how to play, but I’m thinking about brushing up on my skills soon.

6. I’m a Reality Show Junkie: Sometimes, I find the time to watch TV; when I do, its reality TV. I would watch everything from Dancing With The Stars to Bad Girls Club. It’s a guilty pleasure that I don’t think I will ever break.

5. My First Job Was in Retail: My first job was as a cashier in a clothing store. The store (which I rather not named, but is no longer in business), was a great job for me (at first) because I was able to work at a place where I can shop; but after the many customers that entered the store and the way some behaved, I decided retail wasn’t for me and quit.

4. I’m a Book Addict: Since I am a writer, of course I love to read! I would check Amazon or iBooks every day to see which books has been released or if there any free books that are interesting. I have countless books on my iPad that I haven’t even read yet! I tried to cut back on downloading books, but I haven’t yet (and probably won’t).

3. My Favorite Soap is General Hospital: I grew up on watching soaps. At one time, I practically watched every soap opera on TV, but since my time is limited, I cut down to one, which is General Hospital. In fact, I had one of the actors in mind when using inspiration for the character of Trevor (If you watch General Hospital, you will know whoJ).

2. I Have a Bucket List: I know a lot of people may have one, but I didn’t create one until my mom passed away two years ago. While several events actually came true (publishing my first book), I still have other things I want to do, including visiting Disney World, ziplining (once I get over my fear of heights), and visiting Canada.

1. Sheena is not my actual name: When I was born, my parents didn’t name me Sheena, but actually Shenishwa (try saying that five times!). After people couldn’t pronounce it, my parents changed it to Sheena before I started Kindergarten.

In Love With My Best Friend

Camille Anderson always lived life on the straight and narrow- she never took a chance in life, especially with her best friend, Trevor Williams. The two were next door neighbors and experienced almost everything together. Although the two told each other everything, there was one thing Camille never admitted to Trevor and that was her feelings for him.

After being out of town for a job position, Trevor returns to Houston with a new fiancé. He always looked at Camille as just his best friend, but at his engagement party, he starts to look at her in a different light, making him wonder if he is marrying the right woman. With a string of events involving the pair, as well as loyal friends dishing out romance advice, the two realize that being more than friends may not be such a bad idea. In fact, it could be what they needed all along.

Buy Now @ Amazon

Genre - Contemporary Fiction

Rating – PG13

More details about the author

Connect with Sheena Binkley on Twitter

Website http://sheenabinkley.wordpress.com/

a Rafflecopter giveaway

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your book. My first jobs were in retail too.

    ReplyDelete