Friday, June 7, 2013

Review: INK by R.S. Guthrie

INKINK by R.S. Guthrie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cover - We loved the palm print of ink and the little blotches of ink. It's a light take on what a writer's hand looks like after 'tackling' a blank page and yet it symbolises what can be meant about the conflicts an author faces when trying to finish a novel.

Formatting / Appearance - There were no issues at all. And we especially liked the marker pen headers for each chapter.

Content - We've started reviewing self-published books since late November 2012 and noticed the string of issues that can go wrong for a self-published author. I think this is a handy guide for anyone starting out on his or her self-publishing journey. Most of the basic issues are tackled and authors are able to evaluate what will suit their books and what will not. This isn't the first book we've read by the author but it was definitely different from Dark Prairies.

What I liked - The bit when he evaluates "Do I care?" This is especially true for readers. Like it or not, we need to feel the connection and care for the characters in a book before we truly appreciate it. Being in a book club, we know that different characters reach out to different readers so this section on "Do I care?" was definitely something we could all relate too.

What I didn't like - Nothing comes to mind.

Rating - 5 / 5 stars.

Disclosure - I received a complimentary copy from the author which did not affect my honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment