Thursday, February 14, 2013

Review: Broken Pieces by Rachel Thompson

Broken PiecesBroken Pieces by Rachel Thompson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Cover - That broken puppet reached out to all of us at the book club. At some point in our lives, aren't we all puppets doing our best to march to the beat our strings are pulled to?

Formatting / Appearance - There were no issues formatting wise. Although, the appearance of the bold text and some punctuation placements took awhile for us to get to used to.

Content - The raw emotion. In my old age, I often myself trying to catch a glimpse of some old memory and find that what we actually remember is so different from how we felt 20 years ago or 30 years ago. The author has captured this exact sentiment and put it into words. The chapters are short but the effects they leave on you are long-lasting.

What I liked - Her fresh voice. Yes, it doesn't read like Nora Roberts or Barbara Taylor Bradford. But if want their voices, I'll go buy their books. This author has introduced herself in a prolific way and we definitely want to keep reading her books.

What I didn't like - Nothing comes to mind.

Rating - 5 / 5 stars.

Disclosure - I received a complimentary copy from the author which did not affect my honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment