Thursday, March 14, 2013

Author Interview – Meg Mims

 

What do you consider the most challenging about writing a novel, or about writing in general? Dogging it until the end, because it’s easy to start. Much harder to finish!

Did writing this book teach you anything and what was it? I’m a total “plotter.” I spend weeks filling out character sketches, timelines and plot charts. For The Key to Love, I totally “pantsed” it out. I had the outline in my head, and I was stunned that I finished it with a bit of editing to make it “come alive” with details. So yes, I can “pant” when I put my mind to it! It wasn’t easy, but it sure was fun.

Have you developed a specific writing style? I write in an “ocean wave” style – write, go back and revise, write further, revise again, and keep pushing and revising until I have a solid second or third-draft quality manuscript. After that, polishing is easy.

What is your greatest strength as a writer? Vivid imagery, using sensory details and getting the historical aspects as accurate as possible.

How did you come up with the title? A key is vital to the plot, along with Valentine’s Day, so The Key to Love seemed a natural fit for this sweet contemporary romance.

Can you tell us about your main character? Jenn Jackson is an artist – and I am too, which helped flesh out her goals and motivations.

Who designed the cover? The talented Elaina Lee of For The Muse Designs.

Who is your publisher? Astraea Press

Will you write others in this same genre? I have already – Santa Paws is a Christmas contemporary romance about a rescue dog – and an Amazon Bestseller for Kindle!

 

 

Buy Now @ Amazon & Smashwords

Genre – Contemporary Romance

Rating – PG

More details about the author & the book

Connect with Meg Mims on Facebook & Twitter

Website http://www.megmims.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment