Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Book Review - Personal Pick - The Mountain City Bronzes by Madeleine McLaughlin


The Mountain City BronzesThe Mountain City Bronzes by Madeleine McLaughlin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cover - I loved the artistry of the cover and the shade of red obviously reflects the terror that lies within the pages of this book. The children reflect Kevin's innocence which is torn apart by his father's secret.                  

Formatting / Appearance - There were no issues at all.

Story - There were many moments in this book that seemed like Stephen King had crossed paths with Nora Roberts. You have the small town, mysterious secret and eery happenings that all tie together in a very unexpected ending.

What I liked - Although shorter than most stories, the author's writing style was captivating and able to reach out to the reader.

What I didn't like - There is no description for this book. If I had not been given a review copy and wanted to purchase a copy, I wouldn't. I don't know what I'm buying into.

Rating - 4 / 5 stars.

Disclosure - I received a complimentary copy from the author which did not affect my honest opinion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment