Thursday, December 20, 2012

Book Club Pick - Zoe & Zak and The Ghost Leopard


Zoe & Zak and the Ghost LeopardZoe & Zak and the Ghost Leopard by Lars Guignard
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Cover - Absolutely adorable. Two children whisked away on an adventure of a lifetime, it's the perfect cover for the story.

Formatting / Appearance - There were no issues at all.      

Story - I expect that this book had an editor, albeit not a professional one because many sections are clean and spared from grammatical errors. However, two things ruined the reading experience for me. The use of "OK" instead of "okay" and the over-use of the word "like". While these may be American styles, it was like you know slightly like irritating to read paragraphs that like had like in every other sentence. Hoping I made my point?

What I liked - The cultural depictions were spot on. We've visited India several times in the past and Lars Guignard did a fascinating job in capturing all these details and then writing about the experience through the eyes of a child. Various descriptions and reactions reminded us of our own kids when they had visited India with us.

What I didn't like - The editing just wasn't polished enough for me.

Rating - 3 / 5 stars.

Disclosure - I received a complimentary copy from the author which did not affect my honest opinion.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment