Monday, October 21, 2013

Invasion: A Diabolical Onslaught by Michael Dismuke @MTDismuke

Event 1

Meet Jennifer

-

“Hey there. I’m Jennifer Ceirra Wolff. I may seem like your typical college girl – mostly A’s, marketing major and good looking. Well, at least I think I am. Actually I’m a no bullshit kind of girl. I was raised in the farmlands of eastern Ohio, and I’m not afraid to get my hands dirty or to let my hair down when the times right. I was never in a sorority either, if that’s what you’re thinking. I’m 23 and more laid back than most girls my age. I guess I was just your average girl dating average guys and trying to get through college in hopes to someday land a career.

One of those average guys was my boyfriend Mark who I met my freshmen year. If you want to upset him just call him Lewis - that’s his middle name and he hates it. He’s into football and likes to party a bit too much for my taste, but he’s still young so who really cares, right? He’s handsome and took care of me, so all was good.

Now Rachel, she’s a bit different. She’s been my best friend ever since high school and I love her to death. She’s more daring than I am, but she has a really good heart. She means well. It was awesome that she and I both went to CSU together. She keeps me in check for the most part, and I do the same for her. As for her boyfriend, David, that’s an entirely different story. Sure he could be funny at times, you know like those home-made cat and dog videos. Yeah they’re cute the first time around, but after that, they become pretty damn annoying. Now that I think about it, that slap-stick humor is probably why she liked him so much. Like I said, she has a good heart.

Her brother, Jeff, he’s a bit more like me, but he’s really quiet and keeps to himself. He’s that guy where people are like yeah I’ve seen him around… I just don’t remember his name. When we do go to parties with him, he’s the one downstairs watching reruns of Friends while everyone else is having a good time with real ones. Anyhow, my friends and I were on our way up to the campgrounds in Shadow Pines to meet up with the rest of our classmates. It’s a yearly event the Greeks hold the weekend before homecoming. Usually Adam and the rest of the jocks get drunk and jump over the fire pit while the rest of us chill out and listen to music. We planned on staying the night and heading back the following afternoon. Adam, he’s the QB for the football team. He’s also my ex from high school. He can be a prick sometimes, but we’ll talk about that later.

Anyhow, one thing about me that most people don’t know is that I’m a second degree black belt in Taekwondo. I took 4th place in the nationals when I was only 16. I’m a bit rustier now since I haven’t practiced for a few years, but I can still hold my own if needed. I’m more of a self-defense fighter rather than an aggressor, but hey, that’s why they teach it, right? Well before I go, I just wanted to let you know that I’m the kind of girl that would do whatever it takes to protect my friends.”

MichaelDismuke

Buy Now @ Amazon & Smashwords

Genre – SciFi Horror

Rating – PG-13

More details about the author and the book

Connect with  Michael Dismuke on Facebook & Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment